Monday 14 March 2016

Jamie Jabbers...

First up on my list this week is the next gen release of Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin edition. Now, the Souls games are probably deemed as the marmite of computer games, you either love them or hate them. I don’t think I know anyone who has been in the middle about them. I know from my personal experience, it took me a while to click with Dark Souls. I played the first one until I got frustrated, which wasn’t very long into it. Despite this, I got Dark Souls 2. This is where things clicked in place for me. No matter if you are an avid gamer who plays everything or a casual gamer who plays it safe and sticks to a certain genre. I urge everyone to at least try these games.




Even if you don’t know much about them, I’m sure you will have heard how challenging these games are. I can even imagine that this would be the reason people have thought twice about playing them. I just don’t see why that would be a reason not play this game. Surely you would be looking for a challenge? Especially, in this day and age when most games spend an overgenerous amount of time holding your hand through even the most basic of gaming mechanics. Dark Souls 2 does give you the choice to participate in a tutorial right at the beginning. You can run past these segments with your middle fingers held high in the air. Once you enter the main game however, those fingers will be jammed tightly up your ass by all manner of nasty monsters and creatures.

 Apart from the RPG heavy elements at work here and the awesome looking level design, there is an awful lot of lore you can read up on with every item you pick up and NPC you stumble across. The world of Drangleic - and the Souls universe in general - holds more than meets the eye. If you look out there, you can find many a theory surrounding the history and characters in this game alone.
You Died - A lot. From a big axe.
Just play this game, that’s all I’m going to say now. Even if you don’t feel it’s your cup of tea after trying it, at least you have tried it. I will still be very disappointed in you, though.With all that said, it is here I will stop and let you mull over these words. I will be back soon with more words on another game, I may even get round to review one for you. If not, I may just get drunk and try and play something. Although, I do not condone the use of alcohol to any extent, but I do think it can be a lot of fun.